Published on March 06, 2012
Hospital Achieves New, Elite Status as an Accredited Chest Pain Center
North Kansas City Hospital proudly announces that it is the only Northland hospital to earn the prestigious Cycle 3 Chest Pain Center Accreditation with PCI from the esteemed Society of Chest Pain Centers (SCPC). Only 16 hospitals in the state – including North Kansas City Hospital – have been granted this designation.
This celebrated announcement follows the recognition North Kansas City Hospital’s cardiac services received with the coveted 2011 Gold Performance Achievement Award from the American College of Cardiology Foundation’s ACTION Registry – Get With the Guidelines.
“Our cardiologists, emergency physicians and staff are instrumental to the success and recognition we have achieved with cardiac services at North Kansas City Hospital,” says Michael Farrar, MD, medical director of cardiac services. “Ultimately, this collaboration results in more lives being saved.”
Individuals who arrive at North Kansas City Hospital with chest pain or other heart-attack symptoms, quickly receive the treatment they need when time is precious to save heart muscle. By becoming an accredited chest pain center, North Kansas City Hospital has further enhanced the quality of care and demonstrated a commitment to high stands for saving cardiac patients.
To secure this respected medical designation, North Kansas City Hospital demonstrated its expertise by meeting or exceeding a wide set of stringent criteria and passed an exhaustive on site review:
- Integrating the emergency department with the local emergency medical system (EMS);
- Assessing, diagnosing and treating patients quickly;
- Effectively treating patients considered low risk and exhibiting nontraditional symptoms for cardiac disease;
- Continually seeking to improve processes and procedures;
- Ensuring the competence and training of Accredited Chest Pain Center personnel;
- Dedication to maintaining organizational structure and commitment;
- Implementing processes and structural design that promote optimal patient care;
- Supporting community outreach programs that educate the public to promptly seek medical care if they display symptoms of a possible heart attack.
About North Kansas City Hospital: For over 50 years, North Kansas City Hospital has been at the forefront of providing medical care in the Northland. The Hospital is an acute-care facility with 451-licensed beds and five centers of excellence including Northland Cardiac Center, Northland Cancer Center, Northland Women’s Center, Northland Orthopedic Center and Northland Emergency Center. The medical staff includes over 550 physicians representing 49 medical specialties. For more information, contact North Kansas City Hospital at 2800 Clay Edwards Dr., North Kansas City, MO 64116, on the web at nkch.org, at 816-691-2000 or follow the Hospital on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.