Community Benefit Report
North Kansas City Hospital’s commitment to caring for the community goes beyond providing quality healthcare. It also means supporting charities and organizations that are dedicated to making the Northland a healthier place to live and work. Improving the life of our community (print version)
Community Health & Wellness
Over 15,000 people participated in our community programs.
- 1,075 members of Club W, our free program for women of all ages
- 82 men attended Men’s Health Day to get their annual screenings
- 1,214 people attended a health fair resulting in 356 counseling sessions with doctors or nurses
- 82 women came to our Mammo Nights for breast health exams and pampering
- 5,415 community members attended 686 classes
- 1,365 people attended our free monthly Lunch & Learn series and quarterly Cardiac Speakers series
- 5,700 people attended an informational session through our Speakers Bureau
- 97 people attended our Fall Prevention Workshop
Community Health Initiatives
The Community Health Needs Assessment helped NKCH choose three key initiatives to support. Data is based on Cycle One (2013-2015).
Improve access to the quality of mental health services within Clay and Platte counties.
Signature Psychiatric Hospital opened a 24-bed inpatient unit on the NKCH campus.
Maternal Child Health
Improve the health of uninsured and underinsured pregnant mothers and their newborn infants in our community.
Percentage of women who entered care after 12 weeks declined from 18.64% to 5.5%.
Create and maintain a community partnership to better facilitate and coordinate youth health information in Clay and Platte counties.
NKCH developed the Quarky smartphone app to help community youth find resources and information for improving their lives.
Programs. Distinctions. Partnerships.
We take pride in being active in our community. But, we couldn't do it without the help of our valued partners.
Wellness Corner & NKC YMCA
The NKCH Wellness Corner opened in the North Kansas City YMCA. Members of the Y receive free health screenings and risk assessments from an NKCH nurse. Therapeutic massage services are also available.
Meritas Health Express & Hy-Vee
Meritas Health opened express clinics in three Northland Hy-Vee stores. The walk-in clinics offers convenient access to immunizations, physical
exams and wellness screenings as well as treatment of minor illnesses
As the exclusive healthcare provider for Zona Rosa, North Kansas City Hospital offers wellness-related community classes, events and meetings to promote living healthy.
NKCH hosts 50 students per day during the school year. The Northland CAPS program offers hands on, career-oriented experiences for students in seven Northland school districts.