Chip in for Charity
Since 1993, North Kansas City Hospital and the Medical Staff have sponsored the Chip In For Charity Open along with the support of additional sponsors, players and volunteers. Each year, the Chip In tournament raises money for three Northland charities. To date, over $2 million has been donated to help area community organizations. Learn more about this year's recipients.
Any organization that wants to be considered as a recipient of the North Kansas City Hospital Chip In For Charity tournament, should submit certain information in writing to the Chairperson of the Board of Trustees, North Kansas City Hospital, 2800 Clay Edwards Drive, North Kansas City, MO 64116. Requests must be received by January 15th of the year the tournament occurs and include the following information:
- 501c3 letter showing charitable status
- an operational budget for the organization
- a brief description of the charity and its purpose
- assurance that the proceeds will be used for services in Clay and Platte counties
- a description of the programs, services or projects for which the funds will be used
- a list of Board Members and/or Directors of the organization making the request
- total number of people served by the organization on a fiscal year basis.
Organizations which have been recipients of tournament proceeds within the last two years are not eligible to be considered. At its regularly scheduled meeting during the month of January, all completed requests will be reviewed by the Board of Trustees for consideration. The Board of Trustees will designate the division of those proceeds.