- Internal Medicine
- Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Wilson Memorial Hospital, Binghamton, N.Y., Internal Medicine
Dr. Gates started Gates Hospitalists, LLC in December 2002. He is Board Certified in Internal Medicine by both the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine and the American Board of Internal Medicine. He is also a Fellow of the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine.
Dr. Gates enjoys spending time with his family, running, vacationing in his native Pennsylvania, and being involved in Missouri politics.
In 2011, Gates Hospitalists, LLC fielded a team in Ingram's Magazine Fittest Execs/Fittest Companies Challenge and won second place, with Dr. Gates finishing in 3rd place overall for the Fittest Men under 50 Category
- 2014 President of the Metropolitan Medical Society of Greater Kansas City
- Councilor of the Missouri State Medical Society
- he is on the Editorial Board of Missouri Medicine: the Journal of the Missouri State Medical Association
- he is a member of the Board of the MSMA Insurance Agency
- he is a member of the MSMA Committee for Legislative Affairs and the MSMA Ethics Committee
- 2012 Program Committee Chairperson for the Metropolitan Medical Society of Greater Kansas City
- he was appointed by Governor Matt Blunt to serve on the Missouri Health Care Stabilization Fund Feasibility Board 2007-2010
- he was appointed by Governor Matt Blunt to serve on the Clay County Judicial Selection Committee 2008-2013
- he is a member of the Society of Hospitalist Medicine (SHM), American Osteopathic Association, American College of Osteopathic Internists, Missouri Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons (MAOPS), Missouri State Medical Society, Metropolitan Medical Society of Greater Kansas City, and the Nassau Suffolk Physicians Guild;
- he also serves on the North Kansas City Hospital Computer Physician Order Entry, Physician Advisory Group, Quality & Core Measure Committee, Resource Utilization Committee, ICU Subcommittee & Allied Health Professionals Committee
Honors, Awards, etc.
His honors include:
- Missouri Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons (MAOPS) Physician of the year 2008;
- he received Doctor of Distinction 2007 from the Metropolitan Medical Society of Greater Kansas City.