Areas of Interest
Scott W. Kujath, MD is a highly-respected, board certified vascular surgeon and Fellow of the American College of Surgeons who is well known for his expertise in vascular surgery and for his effective treatment of chronic wounds. He has additional specialization in hyperbaric oxygen therapy. As principal investigator for two current research studies being conducted through the Kansas City Vascular Surgery Foundation, Dr. Kujath is breaking new ground in exploring use of stent innovations.
Dr. Kujath's wit and devotion to local and international community service projects are hallmarks of his commitment to his profession and to his patients. He is closely connected to local medical ministries and is a frequent participant in medical mission trips serving in third world economies. He and his family enjoy spending time together, in service and in recreation.
Teaching or Professional Positions
Dr. Kujath presently serves as Chief of Vascular Surgery at Truman Medical Center and at the University of Missouri - Kansas City. He is Medical Director of the Advanced Wound Care Center at St. Mary’s Medical Center in Blue Springs, Missouri, and is a Clinical Associate Professor at the University of Missouri - Kansas City.
- Society for Vascular Surgery
- MetroCare Board and Board of Directors of the Metropolitan Medical Society of Greater Kansas City
- American College of Surgeons Board of Directors
- Kansas City Surgical Society Chairman of Board of Directors
- Mission of Hope Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society Executive Committee
- North Kansas City Hospital Surgery Advisory Committee
- North Kansas City Hospital Operating Room Subcommittee
- North Kansas City Hospital Scholarship Fund Committee
- North Kansas City Hospital Medical Staff Committee