North Kansas City Hospital offers new and experienced laboratory professionals a team-oriented atmosphere with ample opportunities for individual growth and employee empowerment. The Laboratory of North Kansas City Hospital is nationally accredited by the College of American Pathologists, and is consistently recognized for its world-class friendliness and professionalism. Our community-based hospital encourages all employees to exemplify high ethical and professional values.
Certified medical laboratory scientists face new challenges in a fast-paced, progressive environment every day. The North Kansas City Hospital laboratory staff consistently demonstrates commitment to our patients. This is reflected through our specialized staff, quick turnaround times and high standards for patient satisfaction.
Our Laboratory performs a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services. The services performed in our state-of-the-art Lab include:
- Chemistry – Electrophoresis, Cerner autoverification and a wide array of other automated chemistry analyzers
- Hematology and Coagulation – Flow cytometry capabilities, solid phase coagulation testing, personalized testing plans and automated hematology instruments
- Microbiology – Molecular genetic testing and several rapid immunology-based assays
- Transfusion Services – Automation to help support our Centers of Excellence by personally performing comprehensive analyses in order to provide appropriate blood components to a wide range of patients
- Histology and Pathology – Immunohistochemistry and special stains, assisting with ultrasound-guided and gastrointestinal fine needle aspirates, commonly recognized for its efficient workflow system
- Phlebotomy – Multiple draw locations with staff expertly skilled in venipuncture for all ages
- School of Clinical Laboratory Science – Boasting a 97 percent pass rate on the Board of Certification Exam, our Laboratory has educated over 250 students for almost 50 years
Our laboratory professionals are supported and encouraged to advance their skills. They have numerous opportunities to participate in multidisciplinary groups and continuing education sessions. They also have access to tuition reimbursement and internal leadership and technical development opportunities.
Find an exceptional career in an employee-centered, technologically advanced workplace. View our laboratory jobs today.