North Kansas City Hospital’s ability to provide excellent patient care depends directly on the quality of our nurses, who are leaders, educators and ambassadors in the hospital and in the community. We strive to create a work environment that encourages professional growth; gives our nurses a strong voice in how we develop policies, procedures and processes; and offers work-life balance. We have a three-year nursing strategic plan that guides our journey toward nursing excellence.
We also support our nurses with resources that increase their time at the bedside. Members of our IV team, wound team, and admitting and discharge units work closely with our nurses, offering their help and expertise so our nurses can focus on patient care.
Benefits of Being an NKCH Nurse
- Shared Governance
- Career Advancement Ladder program
- Bedside Leaders program
- Level Up program
- Tuition reimbursement for nursing certification and education
- Opportunities to attend national conferences
- Advancement opportunities in a variety of medical specialty areas
- Nurse Residency program
- Nursing Education program
- Excellent nurse-to-patient ratio
- Flexible schedules that include full-time, part-time and PRN positions
- Employee Referral program
- Community involvement opportunities
- Integrated technology that gives nurses more quality time at the beside
- Excellence awards
These benefits are in addition to our general employee benefits.