- Full-time employee as of March 7, 2017. A full-time employee is an individual who is normally required to work 35 or more hours per week.
- A part-time/on-call employee, who has been employed as of March 9, 2016. and has worked a minimum of 750 hours between March 9, 2016, and March 7, 2017.
- A part-time/on-call employee who has been employed as of January 1, 2017 and has worked a minimum of 165 hours between January 1, 2017 and March 7, 2017.
The dates listed are in alignment with the due date for company counts to determine divisions.
Meritas Health employees and physicians are eligible to participate.
Additionally, employees who meet one of the following criteria are also eligible to participate:
- Retired employees of a participating company may participate with their former employer. A retired employee is defined as an employee who has reached the lesser of the normal retirement age (as defined by any benefit plan of the participating company) or 65 years of age.
- An employee who satisfies the normal eligibility requirements but is transferred from the Kansas City area by his or her employer between the roster submission deadline and the date of the event.
- Laid-off employees, who satisfy normal eligibility requirements, may participate as long as they were laid-off between March 9, 2016 and the date of the event. However, these laid-off individuals are eligible only if they are not employed elsewhere at the time of the KCCC, and are still receiving benefits from the participating company at the time of the KCCC.
- Contract employees may participate with a participating company, provided that the contract employee provides services exclusively for that participating company, and the contract employee meets the normal eligibility requirements. Individuals who terminate employment prior to the event may not participate with their former employer.
Age of Participants & Volunteers
Participants and Volunteers must be at least 19 years of age by December 31, 2017 to be eligible to participate. All participants will compete in the age category determined by their age as of December 31, 2017. (Age-group participation is based on the competitor’s year of birth.)