Join the Medical Society
Enjoy the benefits of membership in the Kansas City Medical Society (formerly Metro Med), the longest-serving medical society in Kansas City. North Kansas City Hospital recently purchased KCMS membership for all NKCH medical staff.
KCMS serves more than 3,000 physicians in five counties in Missouri and Kansas. As a KCMS member, you’ll have access to numerous benefits including:
- DocbookMD – featuring secure texting between members
- Weekly eNewsletter
- A professional profile on the KCMS website
- Calendar listing of physician events of interest
- Physician blog with open discussion platform
- Annual member events held at KCMS’s Country Club Plaza location (315 Nichols Road, Suite 250)
KCMS was started in Kansas City in the late 1800s to help member physicians identify themselves as legitimate practitioners. These pioneering healthcare leaders developed a clean water program in Kansas City, founded the insurance giant Blue Cross Blue Shield, started the Community Blood Bank and led local healthcare initiatives.
For questions about your member benefits, to sign up for the e-newsletter or get help setting up DockbookMD, visit the KCMS website at metromedkc.org or call 816.531.8432.