Physician Referrals - Transfer Center
North Kansas City Hospital created a Transfer Center to improve
service to the referring physician and admitting physician. It takes
just one call to a highly qualified RN.
Our goal is to improve communication for everyone involved in the
transfer process by coordinating all calls from referral to admission.
North Kansas City Hospital maintains a standard of placing patients
within four hours of the initial call (if the sending facility and/or
transport team has no delays). Our professional staff is always
accountable and dedicated to thorough follow up.
How does admission work?
- Accepting staff physician calls North Kansas City Hospital's Transfer Center when accepting a patient for admission.
- The Transfer Center nurse answers the call or returns phone pages promptly.
- The Transfer Center collects the following relevant healthcare information (RHI):
- Patient’s name, DOB, SSN and insurance information
- Medical history
- Priority of transfer/date of transfer
- Type of bed required
- Admitting diagnosis
- Location of the patient and call back number
- Transportation method
- The Transfer Center reviews the patient’s insurance coverage and alerts the receiving physician of potential coverage issues.
- The Transfer Center maintains statistics in our database.
- The Hospital has a bed ready when the patient arrives.
Securing the Transfer/Admission Process for Your Patients
The professionals operating the Transfer Center appreciate your trust in getting patients into the North Kansas City Hospital health care system. We welcome questions and feedback at any time regarding our services, performance and outcomes. Thank you for your continued support and referrals to North Kansas City Hospital.
Test Order Forms Available for Download