Italian Chicken Sausage Hash
- 1 pound spicy or sweet chicken Italian sausage (ground or links)
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 peeled sweet potato, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Add olive oil to skillet. Add onion and cook 3-4 minutes until softened, stirring frequently.
- Remove casing from the sausage if you purchased links. Using a spoon or fork, mash up the links until the sausage is a ground consistency.
- Add sausage, red bell pepper and sweet potato to the skillet and stir to mix all the ingredients together.
- Cover with a lid and continue cooking until the sausage is fully cooked and vegetables have softened, stirring frequently.
- Top with rosemary prior to serving.
Measure out 1/2 cup servings and store in the freezer to reheat as desired.
Substitute with apple chicken sausage for an alternative flavor.
Top leftovers with a fried egg for a delicious breakfast.