Protein Banana Pumpkin Pancakes
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of cinnamon and nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice
- coconut oil or coconut oil spray
- Preheat electric griddle to 375 degrees or a skillet to medium/high heat.
- Combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir until thoroughly combined. The mixture will be slightly runny.
- Spray griddle or skillet with coconut oil spray or use small smount of coconut oil to prevent sticking.
- Pour batter onto heated griddle/skillet using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Flip when batter starts to bubble; approximately 3-4 minutes (watch closely!).
3 pancakes will provide approximately 125 calories, 7.5 grams protein and 2 grams fiber.
These pancakes are naturally sweet on their own and do not require syrup. Top with fresh fruit if desired.
Because this batter is on the runny side, using two spatulas will help when flipping.