A Partner for the Journey
North Kansas City Hospital's breast, lung and esophageal cancer patients benefit from a unique program led by nurse navigators—professionals who provide personal assistance throughout the cancer journey.
What is a Nurse Navigator?
Nurse navigators are nurses specially trained and experienced in working with cancer patients. They know how challenging the journey can be. These compassionate advocates work one-on-one with cancer patients and their families to help them through all phases of diagnosis and treatment.
Nurse Navigator Services
Nurse navigators at North Kansas City Hospital can provide:
- Education on cancer, radiation, chemotherapy and other treatments
- Early detection resources
- Smoking cessation assistance
- Assistance making appointments
- Access to clinical trials
- Access to other helpful resources
- General support for patients and their families, including monthly support groups
If you are a cancer patient at North Kansas City Hospital and have not been assigned a nurse navigator, talk with your healthcare provider.
To speak to a nurse navigator, call 816-691-8247.