A Partner for the Journey
Northland Cancer Center's breast, lung, and esophageal
cancer patients benefit from a unique program led by nurse navigators—professionals who provide personal assistance throughout the cancer journey.
What is a Nurse Navigator?
Nurse navigators are nurses specially trained and
experienced in working with cancer patients. They know how challenging the
journey can be. These compassionate advocates work one-on-one with cancer
patients and their families to help them through all phases of diagnosis and
Navigator Services at Northland Cancer Center
Nurse navigators can provide:
- Education on cancer, radiation, chemotherapy,
and other treatments
- Early detection resources
- Access to other helpful resources
- Smoking cessation assistance
- Assistance making appointments
- Access to clinical trials
- General support for patients and their families,
including monthly support groups
If you are a cancer patient at Northland Cancer Center
and have not been assigned a nurse navigator, talk with your healthcare
To speak to a nurse navigator, call 816-691-8247.