Our Cardiac Hospice program for patients with advanced-stage heart disease was one of the first of its kind in the U.S.
A feeling of home is important at the end of life. NorthCare Hospice & Palliative Care, an affiliate of North Kansas City Hospital, offers comprehensive hospice services for you and your loved ones wherever you’re most comfortable—your home, a care facility or the NorthCare Hospice House at North Kansas City Hospital. When care for advanced heart disease is too complex to be managed at home, Hospice House provides compassionate support in a comfortable, home-like setting.
Services provided for patients and families include:
- Assessment of a patient's condition and type of care required
- Support and education for patients and families about end-of-life care
- Control of pain and symptoms
- Care for patients whose health is rapidly declining, with only hours or days of life remaining
- Respite care to provide caregivers relief from patient care
- Recovery after a medical procedure
The 16-bed homelike facility is located on the 2nd floor of the Hospital and includes a spiritual center, family kitchen, seating areas and much more.
Learn more about hospice care at North Kansas City Hospital or visit the NorthCare Hospice website.