Expert Care When You Need It Most
The Emergency Department at North Kansas City Hospital is one of the busiest ERs in the Kansas City area. Serving over 65,000 patients per year, we have the experience and reputation you can trust for high quality emergency care day or night.
As a Level II trauma center, we’re equipped to treat even the most critically injured patients close to home.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Highest quality, experienced emergency care for all ages and medical conditions
- Dedicated team of emergency professionals including 22 physicians board-certified in emergency medicine and specially trained nurses – serving patients 24/7
- Access to physicians who specialize in trauma surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedics, plastic surgery and other specialties, as needed
- Accredited Chest Pain Center - nationally recognized for fast response to chest pain. As of December data, our door to balloon times were at 53 minutes. As of October data, we met the national average for door to balloon time of <90 mins 100% of the time.
- Level II Trauma Center – serving the area for 30 years
- Supportive working partnerships with area paramedics for highest quality emergency response prior to hospital arrival
- Access to supportive services such as crisis intervention counselors, social workers, and other professionals
- Short wait times
- COVERSA, our forensic nursing program. The SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners) performs a complete, comprehensive forensic exam with evidence collection and documentation.
When to Come, What to Bring
Where to Find Us
The Emergency Department is located on the north side of the North Kansas City Hospital campus.
View campus map
One of the Nation's Best
The Hospital's ER was recognized by HealthGrades® in the top 5% of emergency providers in the entire country. HealthGrades® helps consumers decide on a physician or hospital.