Expanded Emergency Room
As one of the busiest emergency rooms in the Kansas City area, the ER has expanded to serve the North Kansas City community better. The $18 million project benefit patients, visitors and staff with many enhancements.
- Expanded facility from 18,000 to 30,800 square feet
- 42 patient care rooms - all private and expanded in size
- 8 quick-treat rooms for minor emergencies
- 3 trauma rooms
- 4 triage rooms
- Natural light incorporated into most rooms
- Cart-based system to deliver services directly to patients
- Expanded main waiting area
- Larger nurses station
- Rooftop helipad
- Separate entrance
Additional Benefits of the Expansion
- Dedicated CT scanner allowing for quicker diagnostic testing for emergency patients without impact on other hospital patients.
- Enlarged overall area improving flow of services. New area is designed to accommodate over 80,000 patient visits per year. We cared for over 65,000 patients last year.
- Relocation of helipad so traffic isn't interrupted during a helicopter landing.
- Addition of separate entrances for ambulance traffic and walk-in patients.
- Dedicated security substation for security staff and local police.
- Doors into the treatment area are secured with limited access.