Home Care Services
North Kansas City Hospital’s Home Health program offers a range of services to help you stay in your home when recovering from an illness or injury or when you live with a medical condition. Our professional staff will work with you and your doctor to develop a customized care plan to meet your specific medical needs.
Our nurses and therapists are compassionate caregivers who are specially trained to care for patients with chronic conditions such as heart and lung diseases, cancer, diabetes, wounds and ostomies. We can also help with post-surgical care and short-term recovery needs.
Bringing Health Services to You
Our home health services include:
- Catheter care
- Coordination with specialty health providers such as wound care centers, dialysis providers and outpatient chemotherapy
- Disease management
- Home safety assessments and recommendations
- IV infusion therapy
- Medication management
- Ostomy care
- Ongoing communication with your physician
- Pain management
- Personal care and bathing assistance
- Personalized patient, family and/or caregiver education and training
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Skilled nursing
- Social work
- Speech therapy, including Vital Stim—one of only two providers in the Kansas City area
- Training in the use of assistive equipment
- Venipuncture for lab tests
- Wound care
Patients who have undergone total joint replacements are seen the day after discharge from the hospital, including weekends and holidays, so they don’t miss therapy and their progress stays on track.
We also have full time Masters prepared social workers (MSWs) on staff to help patients and families with personal and financial concerns, emotional support and counseling and can identify community resources, including assistance with medication costs.
Get well. Maintain independence. These are the goals of North Kansas City Hospital Home Health. We are certified by Medicare and accredited by The Joint Commission. We see patients in Clay, Platte, Ray and Jackson counties.
For questions about Home Health services or to make a referral, call 816-691-1358.