Specialized Hospice Care for Special Conditions
North Kansas City Hospital’s NorthCare Hospice offers special programs and services to help patients with disease management and further enhance their quality of life. Our team includes caregivers specially trained in hospice care for these conditions:
- Cardiac Disease – This innovative program, one of the few specialized cardiac hospice programs in the country, provides patients with advanced heart disease who want to avoid re-hospitalization an option for managing their symptoms at home.
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) or Lou Gehrig’s Disease – Our team has developed considerable expertise in the complicated multi-system effects of this disease and in providing the needed psychosocial and spiritual support. Designed to help patients with advanced ALS, this program provides families educational and other resources developed specifically for end-stage ALS.
- Advanced Lung Disease – This new program provides aggressive symptom management for patients with late stage chronic obstructive pulmonary Disease (COPD), emphysema and pulmonary fibrosis with the goal of increased comfort and reduced hospital stays and emergency room visits.
Additional Hospice Services
Other special services we offer to enhance life include:
- Massage therapy
- Music therapy
- Pet therapy
- Lifetime Legacies, helping patients record life memories on video
- Bereavement support groups
- Caretaker classes
For more information on NorthCare Hospice programs and services, call us at 816-691-5119 or visit the NorthCare Hospice website.
View a map