Pulmonary (Lung) Care
When breathing is a problem, life is full of limitations. Pulmonary disease is one of the most devastating diseases in the nation and the third leading cause of death. The lung and respiratory professionals at North Kansas City Hospital have the tools, technology and expertise to help you breathe easier.
Award Winning Lung Care Close to Home
When you need pulmonary care, you don’t have to go far to find the best. North Kansas City Hospital was rated one of the top hospitals in the region for pulmonary care by U.S. News & World Report in 2012. Here’s why:
- Pulmonary rehabilitation – Run by skilled professionals, this specialized program helps people with lung conditions live better.
- Quality Respiratory Care Recognition – We’ve been recognized annually since 2002 by the American Association for Respiratory Care as part of a national program aimed at helping people make informed decisions about the quality of respiratory care services available in hospitals.
- Early detection through lung cancer CT screenings – Offered as part of our comprehensive pulmonary services
Conditions We Treat
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Lung cancer
- Post lung transplant care
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Pulmonary and cystic fibrosis
- Sleep Apnea
Learn more about these and other lung conditions at our online Health Encyclopedia.
Find a Pulmonary Specialist
Contact an experienced pulmonary specialist at North Kansas City Hospital for help with your condition.