North Kansas City Hospital offers an extensive range of diagnostic and therapeutic radiology services using the latest medical testing and imaging technology.
Our Radiology Services
- Diagnostic radiology – uses external radiation to produce images of your internal organs and other structures for medical diagnostic purposes
- Nuclear medicine, including positron emission tomography (PET) – uses very small amounts of radioactive materials to track molecular activity to see how organs and tissues are working
- Computed tomography (CT) – uses advanced X-ray imaging techniques that provide high-quality images and highly accurate diagnostic information
- Dedicated PET/CT in Cardiac Imaging - uses advanced technology to create clearer, more accurate images with lower dose of radiation to patients
- Cardiac - used in stress testing to look for, and quantify, myocardial ischemia (lack of oxygen) and infarction (heart attack)
- Cancer - allows precision detection at earlier stages of diagnosis
- Neurology - features an application used for diagnosing Alzheimer's disease
- Therapeutic radiology (radiation oncology) – applies radiant energy to study, treat and manage cancer and other diseases
- Interventional radiology – is a subspecialty of radiology that uses various image-guided, minimally invasive techniques to identify and treat medical conditions without requiring conventional surgery
- Bone density testing (DEXA) – special X-rays that measure bone loss
- Breast Imaging
- Digital mammography – available for both screening and diagnostic studies
- Mammotome – image-guided biopsy
- Ultrasound – for imaging of breast tissue
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) – 1.5 Tesla, including high field, open and breast MRI
- Screening exams
Radiology Screening Exams
Early detection can be the difference between life and death for many diseases. Screening for disease should be part of your ongoing healthcare regimen. During routine checkups your doctor will check for signs of disease and may refer you for further testing if a potential problem is detected. But you can also choose from several optional screenings available at North Kansas City Hospital if you feel you may be at risk.
- Carotid Ultrasound Screening – a specialized imaging method to screen for blockage or narrowing of the carotid arteries, a risk factor for stroke
- Abdominal Aorta Ultrasound Screening – a specialized imaging method to screen for aortic aneurysms and prevent rupture, which can be lethal
- Peripheral Ultrasound Screening – a specialized imaging method used to detect conditions of the blood vessels in the legs, a risk factor for heart attack and stroke
- Lung Cancer CT Screening – a specialized X-ray and computer imaging method that produces detailed pictures of the lungs to detect lung cancer
- Calcium Scoring Cardio Scan – a test to detect plaque buildup in the coronary artery, a risk factor for heart attack
Talk to your doctor about any health screening. Ask for a clear explanation of the possible benefits and risks of being screened.
Schedule a Screening Exam
For more information or to schedule a screening exam, call Patient Scheduling at 816-691-5267.
For More Information
Get information on when to have routine health screenings at our online Health Encyclopedia.
Learn more about radiology and radiological procedures and screenings at RadiologyInfo.org.