Stroke and Neurologic Rehab
North Kansas City Hospital's Rehab Services department offers an experienced and caring team of rehab providers consisting of physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech and language therapists.
We specialize in treating a wide array of nervous system and CVA related diagnoses. This can include, but is not limited to stroke, brain and spinal cord injury, Parkinson’s disease, migraines, and Alzheimer’s disease.
Therapists will address problems related to each particular diagnosis which can include:
- Muscle spasms or spasticity
- Muscle weakness
- Difficulty with walking, transfers, or bed mobility
- Difficulties with dressing, toileting, or hygiene
- Joint contractures
- Subluxation or dislocation of a joint, most often of the shoulder
- Pain that results from changes in the brain itself
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (complex regional pain syndrome)
- Bowel and bladder care
- Difficulty swallowing and eating
- Difficulty speaking
For further information, please contact the dept at 691-1795