Personalized Pain & Symptom Management
The supportive care experts at North Kansas City Hospital view patients as unique individuals with unique needs. We work with you and your primary physician to develop a personalized plan to relieve your pain and other symptoms, such as:
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty sleeping
Supportive Care Services
Our supportive care services include:
- Pain and symptom management
- Information on your diagnosis, prognosis and options for care in the hospital and at home
- Coordination of family conferences to provide education and assist in setting care goals and planning for your needs
- Emotional support for you, your family members and significant others
- Spiritual care consistent with your values and beliefs
At North Kansas City Hospital you have access to a complete range of additional services if you need them, including:
Learn more about supportive care at our online Health Encyclopedia.
For more information about supportive care at North Kansas City Hospital, call 816-691-1555.
Supportive care team members are available at the hospital Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. There is a chaplain on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Services are provided throughout the hospital.