Ear, Nose & Throat (ENT) Surgery
Otolaryngology is the medical field focused on diagnosing and treating conditions of the ears, nose, throat (ENT), sinuses, larynx, mouth and structures of the head and neck. Otolaryngologists are doctors with specialized training in medical and surgical treatment of ENT disorders and diseases.
Conditions We Treat
The experienced ENT surgeons who practice at North Kansas City Hospital are skilled at diagnosing and treating a wide range of ear, nose and throat conditions in adults and children, including:
- Breathing obstructions
- Ear disorders
- Head and neck cancers
- Nasal diseases and disorders
- Sinus diseases
- Snoring/sleep apnea
- Thyroid conditions
- Tonsil and adenoid conditions
Learn more about these and other ear, nose and throat conditions at our online Health Encyclopedia.
ENT Surgical Procedures Offered at North Kansas City Hospital
ENT surgeries and procedures performed at North Kansas City Hospital include:
- Tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy (tonsil/adenoid removal)
- Myringotomy (ear tube insertion)
- Laryngoscopy (examination of the voice box)
- Nasal septal reconstruction
- Thyroidectomy (thyroid gland removal)
- Parotidectomy (parotid gland removal)
- Palatouvuloplasty (removal of throat tissue to relieve sleep apnea)
- Sinus endoscopy (examination of the sinuses)
- Tracheostomy (surgical opening of the trachea)
- Tympanoplasty (middle ear surgery)
Learn more about otolaryngology (ENT care) at North Kansas City Hospital.
Scheduled for Surgery?
Pre-register online to save time the day of your procedure.
Get information on how to prepare for your procedure.