Thoracic surgeons perform operations on the heart, lungs, esophagus and other organs in the chest. This specialty also includes surgeons who can be called cardiothoracic surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, general thoracic surgeons and congenital heart surgeons.
Conditions We Treat
The board-certified thoracic surgeons at North Kansas City Hospital are skilled at treating a range of internal disorders including:
- Esophageal and tracheal disorders
- Fluid collection around the heart and lungs
- Lung cancer, tumors, cysts and nodules
- Chronic lung infections/abscesses
- Mediastinal, metastatic and pleural diseases
- Thymic masses
Thoracic Surgical Procedures Offered at North Kansas City Hospital
- Esophagoscopy and esophageal surgery
- Video-assisted thoroscopic surgery (VATS)
- Advanced diagnostic and therapeutic bronchoscopy
- Pulmonary nodule management
- Robotic and other minimally invasive approaches
- Lung surgeries including wedge resection, segmentectomy, lobectomy, and pneumonectomy
- Complex lung resections: bronchoplasty and sleeve resection
- Tracheal resection
Get information on heart care and pulmonary (lung) care at North Kansas City Hospital.
Scheduled for Surgery?
Pre-register online to save time the day of your procedure.
Get information on how to prepare for your procedure.