Veins and arteries are an important part of the body’s circulatory (vascular) system, transporting blood and oxygen throughout the body and keeping it healthy. Vascular disease is caused by plaque buildup in the veins and arteries. Left untreated, it can lead to heart attacks, strokes, amputations and other conditions that compromise your health.
Advanced Care for Veins & Arteries
The board-certified vascular surgeons at North Kansas City Hospital are skilled at determining the least invasive and most effective approach to treating your specific condition. Working closely with other specialists in diagnostic imaging, radiology, wound care and other areas, we’ll make sure you get the complete, multidisciplinary care you need to keep your circulatory system working the way it should.
Conditions We Treat
We treat a wide range of vascular conditions, including:
- Arterial disease
- Carotid disease
- Peripheral artery disease
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Renal artery disease
- Varicose veins
- Venous disorders
Vascular Procedures Offered at North Kansas City Hospital
Our comprehensive procedures we offer for specific conditions includes:
- Carotid artery disease – endartectomy, angioplasty and stent
- Aortic disease – aneurysm, open and endovascular repairs
- Vessel disease – angioplasty and stent, coil embolizations
- Abdominal occlusive disease – angioplasty and stent, bypass graft
- Thoracic disease – angioplasty and stent
- Hemodialysis procedures
- Vein procedures – radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser therapy, microphlebectomy, sclerotherapy, compression therapy
- Endovascular thoracic aortic aneurysm repair
- Peripheral vascular disease procedures – surgical bypass, vascular stent, thrombectomy, wound care, claudication
Learn more about these and other vascular conditions and procedures at our online Health Encyclopedia.
Scheduled for Surgery?
Pre-register online to save time the day of your procedure.
Get information on how to prepare for your procedure.