Labor & Delivery
The day is finally here. This is what you've been waiting for and at North Kansas City Hospital we do everything we can to ensure your labor and delivery go smoothly. Our facilities reflect the latest in labor and delivery care. And our staff is highly trained to guide you through every step - before, during and after your delivery.
- Easy access to elevators.
- Extensive renovation of labor, delivery and recovery rooms (LDR) on 7th floor.
- 18 spacious private rooms.
- Quiet glide glass doors and room darkening shades provide quality, low stimulation environment for special care babies.
- Two double rooms for twins.
- Sleeper chair for parent nap and overnights.
- An overnight "nesting room" for families transitioning to taking baby home allows moms and dads to practice.
- Nurse charting stations with sight line view into each baby room.
- Breastfeeding pump rooms inside and outside unit-one for NICU moms.
- Parent and visitor locker outside unit.
- Lactation office near waiting room.
- Petals, a boutique for moms and babies, is an on-unit retail stores offering all the necessities nursing mothers need.
- Neonatal nurse practitioner office on unit.
- Respiratory therapy work room on unit.
- Dedicated C-section operating suites are on same floor as labor and delivery care.
- Controlled access on 7th and 8th floor will provide enhanced level of security for families.