There’s no place like home, especially when you’re facing an illness, injury or chronic symptoms. When you or a loved one is recovering from an illness or injury or living with a medical condition, the compassionate home health professionals at North Kansas City Hospital can help bring the personalized care you need right to your home. We’ll help you stay in your home and avoid re-hospitalization or admission to a skilled nursing facility.
Recognized for Excellence in Home Health Care
Our dedication to outstanding home health care is evidenced in everything we do, but it is also recognized by national independent organizations, our patient satisfaction scores and other measures, including:
- HomeCare Elite list – We are repeatedly included in this annual compilation from the National Research Corporation and DecisionHealth identifying the most successful home care providers in the country.
- AdvisorMed Great American Home Health Care Award for 2012 by AdvisorMed.com, a free, online report card and health information guide that helps users with healthcare choices.
- Clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction scores in the top 20 percent of the nation and consistently better than any other home health provider in the Kansas City area. View our scores at Medicare’s Home Health Compare website.
- Hospital readmission rates well below state and national averages.
- Over 1,700 physicians have entrusted the care of their patients to North Kansas City Hospital Home Health
Expert Care in Your Home
Our nurses and therapists are specially trained to assist patients with medical needs, including:
- Heart conditions, such as congestive heart failure
- Lung conditions, including COPD
- Diabetes management
- Orthopedic conditions
- Neurological conditions
- IV therapy
- Disease management
- Complex medication management
Plans of care are personalized to your unique needs and reviewed and approved by your physician. Modifications are made as your condition changes or as requested by you or your family to assure we are always meeting your needs.
Skilled & Compassionate Caregivers
All of our staff are employed by Home Health. Because we do not use contract staff, you and your loved ones receive greater consistency of care and better follow-through. Many of our employees have special training in geriatrics, medical/surgical nursing, wound care, fall prevention and exercise for the aging. Our nurses are available to make visits at night and on weekends and holidays when needed.
You can count on our home health aides for compassionate personal care, such as bathing assistance. Our Masters prepared social workers (MSWs) can also help you access community resources such as financial assistance, meal assistance, transportation, medical equipment and respite care. They can also provide counseling for long-range planning and physical or mental health problems.
Learn more about the array of services we provide in the home.
Get well. Maintain independence. These are the goals of North Kansas City Hospital Home Health. We are certified by Medicare and accredited by The Joint Commission. We see patients in Clay, Platte, Ray and Jackson counties.
For questions about Home Health services, call 816-691-1358.
To make a referral, call 816-691-1358.